SEPC Scholarship Program
Thank you for your interest in applying for the SEPC Scholarship Program. We are honored to have awarded scholarships to 36 recipients in 2016 in the amount of $2,000 each (totaling $76,000). Congratulations to all the recipients are listed below.
- Qualified applicants must be a parent or grandparent that is a corporate member of the SEPC and is in good standing
- Qualified applicants must have attended or a family member of a SEPC corporate member in good standing must have attended one SEPC event in the last year
- Qualified applicant must be enrolled as a full time student (minimum of twelve semester hours)
Scholarship Program FAQ's
Who is eligible to apply for the 2017 Member Scholarship Program?
You must be corporate member for two years in good standing as of January 1, 2017 and must have attended at least two events in the past three years. Family members may apply if the active member is part of a corporate membership. Family members of individual memberships are not eligible.
Applicant must be enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 semester hours).
Who are the judges?
Members of the SEPC Education Committee.
Where do I submit my application?
The 2017 SEPC scholarship application can be submitted online using the application form below.
Please contact the SEPC office at 866-226-2627 or email us at: email@example.com.
Are there any special considerations?
Special consideration will be given to those who are planning to pursue a career in a produce or food industry field.
I was a recipient of a past scholarship award from the SPC. Can I apply again?
First preference is given to new applicants; however you may apply for additional scholarship awards. You will need to provide transcripts from the university you are attending along with proof of enrollment for the 2017 school year. All repeat scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.2 GPA to be eligible each year.
When will the SEPC scholarship winners be announced?
Winners will be announced on July 1, 2017.
A big congratulations to the following 2016 Member Scholarship winners:
1. Ashley Aken (Member: Kurt Aken, Fresh Express)
2. Adrianna Biederman (Member: Bryan Biederman, Scotlynn Sweet Pac Growers)
3. Cody Bowers (Member: Lee Bowers, MDI)
4. Sarah Cassius (Member: Mark Cassius, Sun Fed)
5. Emily Clayton (Member: Michael Clayton, Railex)
6. Kristen Cullen (Member: Winter Cullen, Northampton Growers)
7. Haley Dietz (Member: Kelly Dietz, Berry Fresh)
8. Patrick Dunleavy (Member: Kevin Dunleavy, Super Marketing Promotions)
9. Casey Eisinger (Member: Patrick Eisinger, Lowes Foods)
10. Megan Elmer (Member: Chris Elmer, Del Monte Fresh Produce)
11. Corbin Estess (Member: Rick Estess, RPE, Inc.)
12. Samantha Fields (Member: Paula Helton, K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc.)
13. Andrew Hendrix (Member: Kevin Hendrix, Hendrix Produce)
14. Katherine Key (Member: Brian Key, Southern Valley)
15. Rachel Langston (Member: Smoot Langston, Pro-Health LLC)
16. Reagan Langston (Member: Smoot Langston, Pro-Health LLC)
17. Savannah Millburn (Member: Adam Millburn, King Fresh Produce)
18. Ila Mitchell (Member: Mitch Mitchell, International Paper)
19. Lauren Mocettini (Member: Paul Mocettini, Muzzi Family Farms)
20. Grace Mueller (Member: Frank Mueller, E. Armata, Inc.)
21. Harley Paulk (Member: Mark Paulk, Borders Melons East)
22. Julian Poole (Member: Julian Poole, Scotlyn SweetPac Growers)
23. John Powers (Member: Matthew Powers, Ventura Foods)
24. Kyle Prather (Member: Mike Prather, Flavor-Pic Tomato Co., Inc.)
25. Kendall Richardson (Member: Melinda Richardson, Suja Juice)
26.Payton Scott (Member: Andrew Scott, Nickey Gregory)
27. Somer Sheehan (Member: Jan VanDriessche, North Bay Produce (retired)
28. Henry Sherrod (Member: David Sherrod, Southeast Produce Council)
29. Alexandra Sutherland (Member: Gene Sutherland Jr., Sutherlands’s Foodservice Inc.)
30. James Sutherland III (Member: Gene Sutherland Jr., Sutherlands’s Foodservice Inc.)
31. Kayla Tipton (Member: Mike Tipton, K-VA-T Food Stores, Inc.
32. Daniela Turner (Member: Bruce Turner, Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers)
33. Krista Williams (Member: Tom Page, SuperValu (retired))
34. Ashley Wooten (Member: Trey Boyette, SMP Southeast Marketing)
35. Andrew Yeager (Member: Dave Yeager, Farm Fresh Direct)
36. Grant Yeager (Member: Dave Yeager, Farm Fresh Direct)
37. Zachary Yeager (Member: Dave Yeager, Farm Fresh Direct)
38. Chelsey Zirkle (Member: Kevin Zirkle, Military Produce Group)