Vorhees Vision Scholarship
The Vorhees Vision Scholarship was created to reward the achievements of young individuals who demonstrate a true entrepreneurial spirit in their lives as they pursue their educational goals. This scholarship is named in honor of the late Terry L. Vorhees, founder and first Executive Director of the Southeast Produce Council. Because of his vision and efforts, the Southeast Produce Council became and remains one of the best resources in the produce industry today.
Scholarship applications are due Friday, January 19, 2018 by 5pm EST.
One (1) $5,000.00 scholarship will be awarded every year to the scholarship recipient’s enrolling College/University.
- Graduating high school seniors
- College Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Children & Grandchildren of any SEPC corporate member in good standing
- Grade Point Average- Minimum 3.0
- Letters of Recommendation from High school and/or College staff, Clergy, Community Leaders, etc.
- SAT or ACT scores
- Leadership and Community Service involvement
- Quality of essay
Candidates will write an essay on the importance of the produce industry in his/her life and how they would make it better.