Education is one of the key foundations of the SEPC’s mission. Recipients of the SEPC Member Scholarship will each receive $2,000 towards their educational goals for the upcoming school year. The SEPC awarded 56 scholarships ($112,000) in 2018 thanks to the dedication of our members.
- Qualified applicants are required to have a parent or grandparent that is a corporate member of the SEPC and is in good standing. Good standing status includes members that have been on the SEPC membership roster for at least 12 months and have attended at least one SEPC event (Southern Exposure and/or Southern Innovations) in the last 12 months.
- Qualified applicants must also be enrolled with at least twelve credit hours.
Scholarship Program FAQ's
Who is eligible to apply for the SEPC Member Scholarship Program?
Applicant must be/have a parent or grandparent who is a corporate member in good standing as of January 1, 2018 [has been on the SEPC membership roster for at least 12 months and has attended at least one event (Southern Exposure and/or Southern Innovations) within the last 12 months]. Immediate family members may apply if the active member is part of a corporate membership. Members who have individual memberships are not eligible.
Applicant must be enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 semester hours).
Who are the judges?
Members of the SEPC Scholarship Committee.
Where do I submit my application?
The 2018 SEPC scholarship application can only be submitted online. The application deadline is May 4, 2018 at 5pm EST.
I was a recipient of a past scholarship award from the SEPC. Can I apply again?
First preference is given to new applicants, however, you may apply for additional scholarship awards. You will need to provide transcripts from the university you are attending along with proof of enrollment for the 2018 school year. All repeat scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA to be eligible each year.
When will the SEPC scholarship winners be announced?
Winners are announced on July 2, 2018.
What is necessary to complete the application?
- College or high school transcript
- SEPC Member Name and Member #
- College/University Student ID #, current major, and GPA (minimum 3.0 GPA required)
- College/University Address where the scholarship check will be sent
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Enrollment verification from College/University
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Community Involvement
- 500-word essay outlining your reasons for applying for the SEPC Member Scholarship and your career goals.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SEPC MEMBER SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!