Vorhees Vision Scholarship
The Vorhees Vision Scholarship was created to reward the achievements of young individuals who demonstrate a true entrepreneurial spirit in their lives as they pursue their educational goals. This scholarship is named in honor of the late Terry L. Vorhees, founder and first Executive Director of the Southeast Produce Council. Because of his vision and efforts, the Southeast Produce Council became and remains one of the best resources in the produce industry today.
Congratulations to our 2018 Vorhees Vision Scholarship recipient:
Mark and Jeannie Paulk
Borders Melon Company, Inc.
Thank you to all of our scholarship applicants!
One (1) $5,000.00 scholarship will be awarded every year to the scholarship recipient’s enrolling College/University.
- Graduating High School Seniors
- College Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
- Children & Grandchildren of any SEPC Corporate Member in good standing*
*has been on the SEPC membership roster for at least 12 months and has attended at least one event (Southern Exposure and/or Southern Innovations) within the last 12 months.
- Grade Point Average- Minimum 3.0
- Letters of Recommendation from High School and/or College Staff, Clergy, Community Leaders, etc.
- SAT or ACT scores
- Leadership and Community Service involvement
- Quality of essay
Candidates will write an essay on the importance of the produce industry in his/her life and how they would make it better.