STARS is the Southeast Produce Councils scholarship program available to outstanding students who are agriculture majors in Southeast based land grant universities. The goal of STARS is to recruit top students and to introduce them to job opportunities in the produce industry.
- Questions regarding the STARS program at the University of Florida should be directed to Ms. Christy Chiarelli.
- Questions regarding the STARS program at the University of Georgia should be directed to Dana Nash.
LSU College of Agriculture Application
- Questions regarding the STARS program at Louisiana State University should be directed to Dr. Don Labonte.
Clemson University Application
- Questions regarding the STARS program at Clemson University should be directed to Margaret Owens, 864-276-7245.
NC State University
- Questions regarding the STARS program at NC State should be directed to Chris Cammarene-Wessel.
- Questions regarding the STARS program at NC State University should be directed to Cynthia Beatty.
Ideal candidates are rising seniors in undergraduate majors related to the growing and marketing of produce and related products. Minimum 3.2 GPA or higher. Additionally, it is preferred that students have demonstrated an interest in growing and/or marketing of produce.
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Agricultural Education and Communication
- Agricultural Operations Management
- Botany (Plant Biologist)
- Entomology and Nematology
- Environmental Management in Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Food and Resource Economics
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Science
- Soil and Water Science
- Food Science and Human Nutrition
Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend the Southeast Produce Council’s Southern Exposure Conference & Expo in Orlando, FL. The Southeast Produce Council will cover travel expenses to this event. The scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to meet with over two hundred produce industry grower/shippers as well as the nation’s leading retailers and foodservice distributors.
STARS Class of 2016
North Carolina State
Food Science & Nutrition, Soil Science
Plant & Soil Science, Crop Science
Louisiana State University
Plant and Soil Systems
Plant and Soil Systems
University of Florida