Join The SEPC And Thrive
As an SEPC member, you’ll join a diverse group of like-minded produce professionals, from farmers to distributors and retailers to chefs. It’s about growing your knowledge, sharpening your skills, sharing your passion with others, and enjoying what makes this corner of the country extra special: its long tradition of bringing people together through food that is grown, distributed, and cooked with love.
Reasons To Join
Our members come from all corners of the Southeast—and beyond. Which makes for an unparalleled opportunity to meet new friends, share business ideas, and maybe join in on that next tailgate.
We lead the industry in fostering innovative ideas in produce and technology. We don’t just think outside of the box, we think outside of the farm to provide thought-provoking information to keep our members informed. We honor those who’ve made a significant impact within our industry by presenting our annual Next Generation Award and Terry Vorhees Lifetime Achievement Award.
We proudly support local charitable organizations who promote the consumption of fresh fruits & vegetables. We invite you to experience the invaluable feeling of giving back by volunteering and donating products to any of our variety of community initiatives.
Your membership includes admission to numerous educational sessions at our conferences, events, and engagements (like Southern Exposure and Southern Innovations) throughout the year.
Annual corporate memberships are available in three tiers based on your company’s need, the fees of which are outlined below. Those listed on the corporate membership are entitled to all the membership benefits of the council.
- 1-5 Members: $750
- 6-10 Members: $1,500
- 11-15 Members: $2,250
Entitles an individual member access to SEPC events. Some program exclusions may apply.
- 1 Member: $250
*Please note that our annual membership period runs June through May of the following year. We do not prorate our membership fees.
ADDITIONAL CORPORATE MEMBER BENEFITS
- Booth Space at Southern Exposure: As a corporate member, companies are entitled to apply for a booth space on our waitlist at our annual Southern Exposure tradeshow.
*Please note as of March 2015, individual members must upgrade to a corporate membership to retain any existing booth space at Southern Exposure.
- Complimentary Event Access and Accommodations:
- Retail and broadline foodservice members are eligible for complimentary registrations and accommodations to Southern Exposure and Southern Innovations per membership bracket (1-5, 6-10, 11-15); Hotel and airfare included.
- Wholesale, jobber and receiver members are eligible for two complimentary registrations to Southern Exposure and Southern Innovations; Hotel and airfare not included.
- Member Scholarship Program: Corporate members in good standing are eligible to apply for our annual member scholarship program. Eligible applicants must be/have a spouse, parent, or grandparent that is a corporate member with good standing status of the SEPC. Good standing status includes members that have been on the SEPC membership roster for at least 12 months and have attended at least one SEPC event (Southern Exposure and/or Southern Innovations) in the last fiscal year. If selected, recipients will receive a $2,000.00 scholarship payable to the accredited university/school of his/her choice.
- STEP-UPP: Our retail and foodservice members are eligible to participate in our industry-training program, STEP-UPP (February – September).